Thursday, May 24, 2012

Introduction

Welcome to Chromaticity Obsession! Honestly I don't know what took me so long to start one of these?  I will be posting on here often: makeup pictures, reviews, swatches, future tutorials, fashion and maybe some off-topic subjects etc... Thank you for the support and the continued support, it means so much to me!



Some background of what got me into makeup... Growing up I have always loved art. When I was about 5yrs old I would tell my family I wanted to be an artist when I grow up. Everywhere I went I would always have crayons, markers color pencils, paper and coloring books. Going through all of my stages I didn't really have a female role model to help me with makeup or ask questions. All through Jr. High and High school I never wore makeup cause I didn't want to be that girl in the high school year book to look back on, I kept it very neutral basically just wore chapstick and called it a day. The only spontaneous thing I did in High school was I bleached my hair and died it lots of colors fire engine red, hot pink which I regretted bleaching my hair later on but it was fun and that is how I defined myself from everyone else (I think if I could do it again now I would maybe a different color). I learned a lot from the high school NEVER share your makeup with anyone and NEVER shave your eyebrows off.

Once I got out of high school and entered the real world I decided it was time to experiment. I honestly didn't know where to start, going to the local drug store was confusing so I decided to go to the mall where they actually had people there to help. I walked up to the first counter I saw in the mall and asked them about a face powder. Which was exciting but not so exciting cause the brand that I chose didn't work, so I took a break from that brand. Around the same time Christmas was approaching and I received a gift from my mom it was a makeup brush set from MAC. It was then I said lets go see what this makeup counter is all about and I finally walked up to the MAC counter and asked them for advice. At first I thought wow so many colors and the person that was helping me was wearing them on her eyes! I bought my first set of colors from them and tried to mimic what they did. It wasn't working for me until I started to think wait a minute I can take what I know about art and use it on my eyes. It has helped me wonders knowing the artist tips and tricks that I learned over the years. As the years go on I keep developing better skills and find more better quality and affordable products.

Life is about creating yourself...

-Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment