Saturday, July 7, 2012

IMATS Los Angeles 2012 Part 1



Day 1 of IMATS Los Angeles June 23,2012 started off my day a little late but still got there on time but didn't realize how long the line was going to be, until I drove by when I was looking for a parking structure to park my car. The line to get into IMATS wrapped around the Pasadena Convention Center and the wait was about 40 minutes to an hour. I met a few other beauty enthusiasts in line and chatted it up with them, they were so sweet (Annie, Jazzlyn and Samantha). Getting to the inside of the convention center I was getting more and more excited and when I finally got my wristband to go inside it was official, the feeling of walking into the convention center was surreal.

I first walked into the double doors of the convention center and was like hey I am here what to do first? Since being me I had already planned what side I wanted to start on and chose to start on the further left hand side of the convention center and work my way to the other side and to the museum and special fx.  I walked around first then pulled out a list I made prior to going to IMATS to start finding the deals and booths. Since the trade show was sold out it was just a tad bit hard to maneuver around I know I didn't get to all of booths I wanted to buy from cause those lines were very long and I told myself I would go back. When I did it still looked the same so I just moved on and said maybe next time.






In between shopping, walking and talking I also managed to check out some of the educators on the Open Forum Stage. I got some great educational tips on digital make-up from Stan Edmonds from Vancouver Film School. Dominick Briguglio from Stila Cosmetics gave great tips and tricks on the upcoming fall fashion make-up. They had beautiful models walking the runway with some intense creative make-up looks absolutely fierce.Just a side note to Stila they had amazing male models roaming around The Model Mark, not to mention when they had to sweep the runway from the confetti of their show. The last show i caught was the Battle of the Brushes! Amazing artwork from many artists congrats to the winner of Battle of the Brushes and everyone that made it there. :)


Stila





Battle of the Brushes
3rd Place

2nd Place

1st Place

1st Place



More pictures can be found on my facebook don't forget to "like" my page!

2 comments:

  1. You're very lucky!!!

    I wish they had one close to me ! =( boo!

    www.makeupbydulce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great experience, if you ever get a chance to go i would recommend!!

      www.chromaticityobsession.blogspot.com

      Delete